* Saturday October 2nd, 2021! MadDog TU Outing to the Clyde River
Join the MadDog Chapter Trout Unlimited Fishing Outing on the Clyde River.
We’ll be fishing the Clyde River in Newport, VT on Saturday October 2nd from 8:00 am until 3:00 pm.
From 3:00 until 5:00 join in meet and greet at the anglers bench on the lower Clyde
The salmon should be in the river and hopefully cooperative! Please RSVP. There’s no charge for the event. Bring your own beverages!
Also, as you may know, MDTU is producing a video documentary on the Clyde River and its salmon run. This project is about to wrap up production. Take a look at this trailer for this important new work. This is a chance to tell your story of the Clyde River.
* February 20th MadDog TU Film Night. 5:30 doors open. GateHouse Lodge, Sugarbush Resort. Free! Raffle prizes, too. Lots of fish caught and sites to see!
*April 25, 2020. MDTU Fund Raiser and Banquet (and fly casting tournament)
* June 6-7 Introduction to Fly Fishing for Women.
Mad Dog TU 2-Fly Tournament
Come join the Mad Dog chapter of Trout Unlimited for our 1st annual catch and release fly fishing event!
When: Sunday 9/15/2019 – the day after the Fly Rod Shop’s annual Vermont Fly Fishing Show in Stowe VT – https://www.flyrodshop.com/
What: A dry/dropper fly fishing catch and release tournament – same style and size flies must be used all day
Where: The Winooski River and it’s tributaries
Who: Teams of 2 – limited to 20 teams
Why: All proceeds to benefit the Vermont Trout Camp – http://www.vermonttroutcamp.com/
Cost: $100 per team – includes post event BBQ and awards
NOW PAY $100 ENTRY
Contact: Shawn Nailor at 802.223.4201 or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Two (2) person teams
- Maximum of 20 teams
- Must fish Winooski between North Branch and Bolton dam
- Can fish tributaries in that section up to first dam
- 5 hours of actual fishing time
- Walk and wade only, no boats
- Each team gets to score the 6 fish of their choice
- Photo based catch and release with ruler trays
- Points based – 1 point per inch of fish, round down under 1/2″ otherwise round up ex. 93/4″ = 10 points; 93/8″ = 9 points
- Plus 5 bonus points for each different species (brook, brown, rainbow)
- Trout only
- Must be a dry/dropper rig
- Must use same fly patterns and size all day but can re-tie with new flies and adjust dropper length
Schedule for day
8:00 – 8:30 pre-fishing meeting at the Fly Rod Shop in Stowe
8:30 – 9:00 travel to river
9:00 – 2:00 competitive fishing time
2:00 – 2:30 travel back to Fly Rod Shop in Stowe
2:30 – 4:00 BBQ and awards
- Most points – top 3 teams
- Largest fish – top 3 individuals
- Random drawings for MDTU hats and t-shirts